Grand Prix Meets 2017/18 Season
For college age and older: grades are U16, U18, U20, Seniors and Masters
There will be four Grand Prix Meets on Saturday afternoons:
- Saturday 25 November at Newtown Park
- Saturday 13 January at Masterton
- Friday 2 February (late arvo/early evening) to Sunday 4 Feb at Newtown Park (as part of Wellington Centre Champs)
- Saturday 24 March at Newtown Park
Timetables for Grand Prix events will be published here and on our Athletics Wellington Sports App - download free from your App Store.
You must pre enter the Grand Prix events by 8pm the Thursday prior to each Grand Prix. Details to be included here prior to the first Grand Prix meet.
ABOUT THE GRAND PRIX MEETS
- Grand Prix meets will be held four times during the season.
- We aim to attract the very best fields from Wellington and surrounding provinces.
- There will be a large range of events at these meets catering for more athletes
- The Grand Prix meets will be by pre entry - online details to come
- This is a also great opportunity for our Wellington officials to officiate
Field events will be run on the following basis (*however once we know the numbers that are competing we will make a final decision on the format for each field event - this may differ from event to event):-
Long and Triple Jump will be three (3) jumps for everyone and the top six (6) male and top six (6) female will get three (3) more jumps*.
Throws will be three (3) throws for everyone and the top six (6) male and top six (6) female athletes will get three (3) more throws only*. Weights will be IAAF (Ath NZ) standard weights, unless the athlete requests otherwise
- Entries will be open to 8pm on the Thursday prior to the event.
- While we are hoping to have enough officials to run the events, we may need some assistance and this will be asked for on the day. There is to be no coaching if you assist inside the perimeter fence.
- Electronic timing will be operating
- Track athletes must check in to the registration desk at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their race to enable heats to be drawn. Failure to do so will result in your entry being scratched.
- Note for warm ups that children's athletics is on until 1pm, so warm ups for the early programmed events must take place on the top field or outside the track for safety reasons.
- It will be $5 per person per Grand Prix if you are a current financial club member and you must register your name and events through the online entry form and pay the entry fee.
- For athletes from clubs who do not contribute towards bulk funding the cost is $10 per person per Grand Prix. These clubs are Kapiti, Trentham, Athletics & Cycling Masterton.
- For college athletes who aren't club members and guests from outside the Wellington region the cost is $10 per person per Grand Prix.
- Entering one event does not mean you are entered for the next Grand Prix event. You must ensure you have entered and paid your entry fee for each event.
For an Athletics Wellington Calendar for the 2017/18 season go to this link: