REGIONAL MEETS 2017
CONFIRMED DATES AND VENUES:
Saturday 28 October at Inglewood, Taranaki
Saturday 4 November at Whanganui - programme and information
Saturday 18 November at Masterton - programme and information
ENTRIES: To enter any of these regional events you need to contact your club administrator who will send a list of their club athletes to the event organisers. Clubs or schools need to pre enter their athletes on the excel sheet provided to clubs by Mark Harris by midnight Wednesday prior to the meet.
INFORMATION INCLUDING THE TIMETABLE WILL BE POSTED HERE PRIOR TO EACH REGIONAL LEAGUE MEET
For your club to enter you, they will need your name, date of birth and your email address (if you'd like the results sent to after the event). Your club will then allocate you a number which you write on your hand on the day of the event. This is the number you give to the officials when you compete on the day. The programme is listed at the end of this page.
Clubs have been sent information on entering their athletes by Mark Harris. If they have not received this they can contact Mark directly. Clubs are to send the list of their club athletes competing to Mark before Wednesday 15 November They can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION FOR THE EVENT AT MASTERTON ON SATURDAY 18 NOVEMBER.
For a programme for the meet at Masterton CLICK HERE
The event will have the following conditions:
- The event will be run under Athletics NZ rules
- Officials Meeting – 11.10pm – at the start finish line. Officials will be co-ordinated into event teams and allocated walkie talkies for the day where required.
- Clubs are reminded they are to assist with officiating requirements. The more we have the easier it is for the athletes
- The venue is the Colin Pugh Sports Bowl, Masterton.
- There is parking around the venue, please be courteous. There will be no parking wardens or such that will issue you with a ticket, but please be aware that any valuables you leave in your vehicles will be at your own risk.
- Entry fees are $5 per athlete (check with your club if you have to pay this to the club, as clubs need to pay the entry). Clubs are asked to bring a cheque (made out to Wairarapa Track and Field) and pay for their athletes on the day, unless other arrangements are made with the organising committee.
- Throwers throw their graded implement for either Secondary School or Athletics New Zealand grades and is in effect a handicap event
- For the Throws, Long Jump, Triple Jump - All athletes have 3 trials with the leading six having three further trials
- There are scores allocated to clubs for this event based on the results of club competitors. These are announced throughout the day. Details on scoring are below.
Spike Type and Length
- The spike type stipulated for Masterton is cone only. Needles and Xmas Tree are not authorised for use.
- The recommended length is 7mm for track races / Long Jump / Triple Jump and 9mm for High Jump /Javelin events
The scoring will be based upon the following points allocation
Maximum of 2/Club/Event
8 athletes or more 9. 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 , 2 , 1
7 Athletes 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
6 Athletes 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
5 Athletes 6, 4, 3, 2, 1
4 Athletes 5, 3, 2, 1
3 athletes 4, 2, 1
2 Athletes 3, 1
1 Athlete 2
To find 2 scoring athletes for a club might mean going to B races