Melrose Shield and Junior Athletics Championships to appreciate No Limits
The final weekend of Track & Field at Newtown Stadium will benefit from the no restrictions on numbers under the Covid protection Framework changes new Red setting, as from 11:59pm on Friday 25 March. This will also bring enormous relief to Cross Country and Road event organisers has athletics is about to embark on the winter season of cross country and road events. Sadly the changed mandate has come too late for many of the secondary school events that usually occur in late March.
The new setting guidelines for sport are
- There will be no limits for outdoor activities, such as athletics events, trainings, road and cross country races etc.
- My Vaccine Passes must be used until 11:59pm on 4 April.
- There will be a 200-person limit for indoor gatherings and events — My Vaccine Passes must be used until 11:59pm on 4 April.
- If My Vaccine Passes are not used, the gathering limit remains at 25 per gathering indoors
- You do not need to wear a face mask outdoors.
- Other face mask rules remain unchanged — face masks are still required in most indoor settings.
- There is no requirement to scan in or for a business to display a QR code poster or have mandatory record keeping.
As we note these changes, it is important to emphasise that all of New Zealand is still at the Red Setting.
From 11:59pm on 4 April 2022, there will be no requirement to use My Vaccine Pass. Until 4 April, where My Vaccine Passes are not used, the current restrictions remain — but after this time, the new capacity limits will apply to everyone.
After 4 April, clubs, centres and other event organisers will still be able to use the My Vaccine Pass system if they would like to.