Athletics Wellington senior and junior track and field meets are predominantly at Newtown Park Athletics Stadium or the Colin Pugh Sportsbowl, Masterton, together with wide range of events in other locations that may be of interest in the Lower North Island region and nationally significant events throughout New Zealand
One of the innovations for last season’s senior T&F programme was a series of mid-week twilight track races,
We will aim to provide more details about all of the planned events at Newtown Park and Masterton on this page separately, closer to the time of each event. If you are a Facebook user, please follow our page where we post frequent updates.
All our senior T&F events this year will be “Entry on the Line”, with the exception of The Agency Group 10000m, Night of Miles and unless stated otherwise, where an online pre-entry system will be in place. TBC
Eligibility and entry fees
The basic points of “eligibility” for our senior T&F meets are:
- Entry to the meet is open to all athletes of college-age and above
- Entry is free for those athletes who are financial members of clubs that contribute to the Athletics Wellington bulk funding scheme for summer track, or members of Wellington Masters Athletics
- College athletes who are not currently a member of an affiliated club are welcome to participate but see the next point.
- Entry is free to athletes from colleges who contribute to the Athletics Wellington bulk funding scheme for summer track: St Pats Town, St Pats Stream, Wgtn College and Rongotai.
- Athletes from clubs or colleges not contributing to the Athletics Wellington bulk funding scheme for summer track will be asked to pay $10 per meet by direct credit to the AW bank account (for athletes in this category, we will have slips to hand out on the day giving the AW bank account details)
For a full list of Senior Track & Field meetings for the 2021 -2022 season will becoming soon