The Athlete Development Scholarship Programme is a holistic and collaborative approach that is built on the foundation principles of character, movement, wellbeing, and sporting performance. The two-year programme is highly individualised to reflect the age, stage and sport of each athlete.
Sport Wellington encourages diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity in all their programmes. Young people across all sporting codes in the Greater Wellington Region are encouraged to apply.
The selection of scholarship recipients is conditional on future potential parameters, as identified by the Sport Wellington Performance Hub. These parameters are not limited to current sporting results or success, but rather take a holistic look at the person and their potential.
Athletes in the programme can expect the following:
- Comprehensive medical screening – ECG, Movement competency, Blood testing, Musculoskeletal, physical exam.
- Individual Performance Plan (IPP) – to be led by Sport Wellington Performance Hub advisors in collaboration with athletes and coaches.
- Athlete Life consultations focused on character development
- Strength and Conditioning – Access to Les Mills gym
- Education sessions covering athlete life and wellness, such as; nutrition, psychology, media skills and more
Expressions of Interests (EOI) close at 5 p.m. on Tuesday March 10. Following the receipt of an EOI, interviews will be scheduled with a shortlist of athletes.
Scholarship recipients will be announced on April 3, ready for the programme to being on April 16.
Sport Wellington wants to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the application process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let them know if there is any support they can provide to ensure the application process is fully accessible for everyone.
If you need any more information, or have any questions, please get in touch via this email firstname.lastname@example.org.